- November 27, 2019Communitech and Waterloo Region organizations form Future of Work and Learning Coalition
- October 3, 2019Communitech CEO Iain Klugman to step down in 2021
- October 3, 2019Communitech appoints new leadership to Board of Directors
Communitech in the news
- June 21, 2019Canada’s True North conference is not your typical tech event
- November 3, 2017Communitech announces True North Waterloo conference in 2018
- June 7, 2017Communitech’s tech savvy is admired around the world
Communitech’s annual report for the 2019 fiscal year.
Communitech 2018 Annual Report
Communitech’s annual report for the 2018 fiscal year.
Communitech 2017 Annual Report
Communitech’s annual report for the 2017 fiscal year.
Tech North: Building Canada’s first technology supercluster (December, 2016)
This report finds that a Canadian technology and innovation supercluster, anchored in municipalities within the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor could result in an additional $17.5B in GDP and 170,000 jobs.
Communitech 2016 Annual Report
Communitech’s annual report for the 2016 fiscal year.
Brookfield Institute: State of Canada’s tech sector (July, 2016)
The State of Canada’s Tech Sector, 2016 is a report produced by the Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) in conjunction with a number of key partners.
Amongst its findings were that the tech sector was directly responsible for $117 billion or 7.1 percent of Canada’s economic output, and that 864,000 Canadians were employed in the tech sector.
Startup Compass: Waterloo: The David vs. Goliath of Startup Ecosystems (October, 2015)
Startup Compass examines how the Waterloo Region ranks #25 in the Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2015 with a population of only half a million. Its startup density is second only to Silicon Valley and a full 50% higher than its closest follower. How can such a small city compete against cities 10 to 30 times their size and how can it be so productive and effective at developing innovative technologies and startups?