In December 2013, startups were invited to apply for a residency in the Google Innovation Space at the Communitech Hub. To apply, startups were required to either build their app on Google platforms including Android, Chrome, Cloud, Maps, YouTube; or port an existing iOS or BlackBerry app version to a Google platform.
Five startups were chosen for a four-month residency. In addition to a workspace to work out of, they also access several thousand dollars in Google Cloud Platform credits, free API quota to Google products for 12 months, and an increased API requests for Places per day.
Congratulations to our five new Google Innovation Space startups in residence:
• RMF Industries “We are building an immersive first person web documentary as a Google Chrome experiment…Our core business is making a 3D previsualization tool for film makers.”
• iNot for profit “We create donation mobile apps to help non-profits, charities and NGOs connect, fundraise and engage in today’s online world.”
• Juma Management “Our app StyleID is a style identifier that cross references items you see on TV and tells where you can purchase it.”
• Blank “Blank is a free-form web design app for creative people. It lets a designer take their ideas from a blank white screen to a finished, deliverable web site.”
• Eventswoop “We are an early stage mobile focused events company that is currently bootstrapped…Our goal for 2014 is to automate and streamline the event app creation process for event organizers.”