- March 27, 2017Communitech Fierce Founders Accelerator welcomes eight startups for second cohort
- February 23, 2017Fierce Founders take home $100K at first winter bootcamp finale
- February 23, 2017Communitech to Host Canada Summer Games Hackathon
More press releases
Communitech in the news
- January 17, 2017Toronto-Waterloo Region innovation corridor is ‘model’ for country, Sousa says
- January 14, 2017How to make the Toronto-Waterloo corridor a technology supercluster
- December 26, 2016Some Canadians happy to leave America
Access media kit
This report finds that a Canadian technology and innovation supercluster, anchored in municipalities within the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor could result in an additional $17.5B in GDP and 170,000 jobs.
Communitech’s annual report for the 2016 fiscal year.
The State of Canada’s Tech Sector, 2016 is a report produced by the Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) in conjunction with a number of key partners.
Amongst its findings were that the tech sector was directly responsible for $117 billion or 7.1 percent of Canada’s economic output, and that 864,000 Canadians were employed in the tech sector.
Startup Compass examines how the Waterloo Region ranks #25 in the Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2015 with a population of only half a million. Its startup density is second only to Silicon Valley and a full 50% higher than its closest follower. How can such a small city compete against cities 10 to 30 times their size and how can it be so productive and effective at developing innovative technologies and startups?