- February 28, 2019Twenty-four women from across Canada participate in Communitech’s Fierce Founders Bootcamp
- January 23, 2019Tim Berners-Lee, Kara Swisher and Thomas Friedman coming to True North 2019 in June
- January 22, 2019Dejero founder Bogdan Frusina joins Communitech’s Board of Directors
More press releases
Communitech in the news
- November 3, 2017Communitech announces True North Waterloo conference in 2018
- June 7, 2017Communitech’s tech savvy is admired around the world
- January 17, 2017Toronto-Waterloo Region innovation corridor is ‘model’ for country, Sousa says
Access media kit
Communitech’s annual report for the 2018 fiscal year.
Communitech’s annual report for the 2017 fiscal year.
This report finds that a Canadian technology and innovation supercluster, anchored in municipalities within the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor could result in an additional $17.5B in GDP and 170,000 jobs.
Communitech’s annual report for the 2016 fiscal year.
The State of Canada’s Tech Sector, 2016 is a report produced by the Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) in conjunction with a number of key partners.
Amongst its findings were that the tech sector was directly responsible for $117 billion or 7.1 percent of Canada’s economic output, and that 864,000 Canadians were employed in the tech sector.
Startup Compass examines how the Waterloo Region ranks #25 in the Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2015 with a population of only half a million. Its startup density is second only to Silicon Valley and a full 50% higher than its closest follower. How can such a small city compete against cities 10 to 30 times their size and how can it be so productive and effective at developing innovative technologies and startups?