You’re about to connect to Communitech’s Wi-Fi through the wireless Internet access node (the “Service”). We offer this Service so everyone can access Wi-Fi while visiting Communitech. You can use the Service (don’t worry, it’s free), but only if you agree to our terms of service each time you connect!
Need to access Wi-Fi?
We provide free public access to all Communitech visitors. Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Communitech. If you’re up to no good, your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended or terminated at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, violating this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for Communitech, disruption of access to other users or networks, or violation of applicable laws or regulations.
We update our terms of service from time to time, so it’s your responsibility to review them for changes each time you connect. That also means you have to hit accept at the start of each session.
This is an open wireless network. No communication is 100% secure, so please remember: no networking connection should be considered private or protected. All communication over the Communitech network is subject to monitoring. Communitech reserves the right to reduce throughput or access if we need to.
All activities conducted online through the Service will not violate any law or regulation, or the rights of Communitech, or any third party. Before connecting, it’s important to understand that Communitech does not accept responsibility for any injury or loss that results from inaccurate, unsuitable, offensive, or illegal internet communications.
The following guidelines will be applied to determine whether your use of the Service is appropriate:
- You have to respect the privacy of others. You will not intentionally seek information on, or represent themselves as, another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user. You agree to never make copies of or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to others.
- You have to respect the legal protection applied to programs, data, photographs, music, written documents and other material as provided by copyright, trademark, patent, licensure and other proprietary rights mechanisms.
- You will respect the integrity of other public or private computing and network systems. You will not intentionally develop or use programs that harass others or infiltrate any other computer, computing system or network, and/or damage or alter the software components or file systems of a computer, computing system or network.
- Use will be consistent with guiding ethical statements and accepted community standards. Use of the Service for malicious, fraudulent or misrepresentative purposes is not acceptable.
- The Service will not be used in any way that violates applicable laws or regulations.
- The Service will not be used in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers network access by others. The Services will not be used in a manner that significantly impairs access to other networks connected to the Communitech’s network.
- Connections that create routing patterns that are inconsistent with the effective and shared use of the Services will not be established.
- Unsolicited advertising is not an acceptable form of use.
- Spamming and invasion of privacy of others, violating intellectual property law, transmitting obscene or indecent speech or materials, transmitting defamatory or abusive language, hacking or distribution of internet viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other destructive activities is prohibited.
- The intent of this policy is to identify certain types of uses that are not appropriate, but it is not an exhaustive list of all possible inappropriate uses. Using the guidelines given above, we may make a determination that a particular use is not appropriate at any time.
By accepting the Communitech terms of service, you agree to hold Communitech Corporation harmless for any result from access to the Internet or inappropriate usage. You acknowledge (i) that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free; (ii) that viruses or other harmful applications may be available through the Service; (iii) that Communitech cannot guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties could access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection.
You will be prompted to accept or decline this acceptable use policy. By clicking the accept button, you agree to comply with and to be legally bound by the terms of this Policy. If this Policy or any terms of the Service are unacceptable or become unacceptable to you, you have the right to terminate your use of the Service.