COMMUNITECH CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as “Communitech”)
Commitment to Privacy of Personal Information
Communitech is committed to protecting your personal information, which is exactly why we created this policy. This policy may change to reflect changes in best practices, technology or the law; one thing will remain the same: we will respect your personal information.
Personal information = information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual.
The personal information that Communitech generally collects includes: name, address, telephone number, email address, banking or credit card information. Communitech only collects the personal information required to deliver services you request from us.
- Communitech is responsible for all personal information we collect, including information transferred to a third party for processing.
- The Privacy Officer is ultimately accountable for Communitech’s handling of personal information.
- Communitech is responsible for personal information sent to third parties who provide services to Communitech. Any personal information shared must be treated in accordance with this policy.
Purposes for Collecting, Using and Disclosing Personal Information
Communitech collects, uses and discloses personal information for purposes of:
- Participation in Programs and Events.
- to process payment & registration
- to carry out the organization and administration of the program or event
- to follow up after the event with a thank you and summary
- to process payment, manage membership benefits and maintain contact information
- Communitech does not sell or otherwise disclose member information to other individuals or organizations
- Communitech collects and uses personal information only with your consent, except as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- You have the option to not provide personal information to Communitech, and can choose to stop receiving communications from Communitech at any time.
- You may withdraw your consent to the use of personal information for any purpose at any time by contacting Communitech. Please allow us a reasonable time to process any request to withdraw consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Other than as outlined in this Policy, and as permitted or required by law, Communitech will not at any time disclose your personal information without your consent.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
- Personal information provided to Communitech will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented or when required or permitted by law.
- Communitech retains personal information to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and in order to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Communitech wants to ensure personal information it uses is accurate and up to date. If you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.
Safeguarding Personal Information
- Communitech uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, modification and destruction.
- Communitech employment agreements require employees to respect the confidentiality of personal information.
- By using the Communitech website, you are bound by the terms of this Policy.
- Personal Information. Any personal information collected via the Communitech website is protected using SSL (secure socket layer) server authentication.
- Non-Personal Information.Non-personal information such as the date and time of visit, pages viewed and browser type is automatically collected upon each site visit. This information is used to gather statistics on website usage to help us improve our online services.
- Cookies. A user can set his or her browser not to accept cookies and still access the website; as a result, certain areas of the website may be unavailable or difficult to use.
- Links to third-party websites are provided on the Communitech website as a convenience only. Communitech does not endorse or assume responsibility or liability for or control over these websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- An individual may request access to the information held about him or her at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer. Communitech will endeavour to respond to any such request as quickly as possible and within the legally required time periods.
- Communitech will correct or amend personal information that is shown to be incomplete or inaccurate.
Data Collection and Reporting
- Collect company specific information or relevant statistical data for reporting purposes to government authorities and/or other stakeholders.
- Communitech to disclose such information to third parties by providing anonymized data where the information does not identify the client, or any of its shareholders, employees, officers or directors or attribute financial, transactional or other information to the name of the Client or the names of any its shareholders, employees, officers or directors.
- A company further acknowledges and agrees that Communitech may combine and aggregate such Anonymous Information with other information that it collects from its other clients and then it may use such aggregated information including to disclose such aggregated information to third parties such as government authorities and other stakeholders.
Questions and Comments
- For further information or comments about this Policy or the practices of Communitech related to personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
- Communitech will investigate any issues and take appropriate action to resolve them.