Adapting to a new normal amid COVID-19
Other COVID-19 resource pages:
What you’ll find on this page:
Communitech is digitally open. It’s business-as-virtual.
While we may not have butts in seats at either the Communitech Hub or Data Hub, we want you to know that we’re all still here – for each other and for you! And we’ve got plenty of work to do to continue to help you start, grow and succeed! COVID-19 has brought many changes to the way we all do things, but the “how” we help is really only slightly altered.
Here’s the latest on our programming:
Making great connections
Virtual sessions for the following Peer2Peer groups are ready to go!
- CEO-P2P Network
- HRnet P2P
- Cybersecurity P2P
- Coaches P2P
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging in the Workplace P2P
- EA P2P
- Fierce Founders P2P
- Finance P2P
- Future of Work & Learning P2P
- Government Relations P2P
- Hacking Health Waterloo Region
- KW Jira Users
- KW Tech People Managers P2P
- Lean/Agile P2P
- Manufacturing & Operations P2P
- PM Connect P2P
- Product Leaders P2P
- Product Management P2P
- Return To The Workplace P2P
- Sales Leaders P2P
- Startup Founders P2P
- Tech Talent Talk P2P
- uxWaterloo P2P
- Working Parents P2P
- Member companies can always reach their startup advisor, CSM, growth coach or favourite Communitecher over the phone, via text, email, video conference, the Communitech Startup slack channel or Google Chat. Not sure who to contact? Start by reaching out to email@example.com.
- Companies that don’t (yet) have a dedicated startup advisor can sign up here for “The Advisor Is In”: one-on-one time to discuss a specific topic, challenge or issue you are facing with one of our expert growth coaches. This service is now available weekly on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- You can access expert advice from members of the Communitech Pro Squad—our in-house trusted business pros.
- Data Concierge and Data Growth Coaching, workshops, onboarding, meetings and Data Hub Sessions are now accessible to Communitech members via virtual connections. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
- The majority of Communitech’s Advanced Technology Platforms (NGNP, ENCQOR 5G) can still be accessed virtually! Reach out to email@example.com for more info on what’s virtually available.
Public health information.
- For the current status of COVID-19 in Waterloo Region, visit Waterloo Region Public Health and Emergency Services.
- For information on symptoms and what to do if you feel sick, visit the COVID-19 page at the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- For further COVID-19 information, visit Health Canada.
Tech for community. How you can help.
Communitech’s secret sauce has never been much of a secret. It’s this place: Waterloo Region. A compact community with global ambitions, guided by a shared moral compass. A community of barn raisers that makes awesome things happen. A community that knows the time is now to come together (virtually) to tackle the biggest challenge of our generation. If you’re like us, you’re probably wondering how to help out local businesses at risk of significant losses over the next few weeks. We’ve got some ideas:
- To help meet these urgent needs in our community, our generous tech friends and partners have offered to triple all donations to the Communitech COVID-19 Response Fund at Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation (KWCF). We’ll repeat that in case you think you misread – TRIPLED. Learn more.
- This open and shared Google spreadsheet has a long list of local businesses and suggestions on how to engage and help them out.
- Wondering what local businesses in #KWAwesome are open and offering safe delivery/pick-up? Check out #heartlocal for a list.
- Our friends at TL;WR but together an awesome list of ways to help some important non-profits in the community in their latest newsletter including:
- Make a donation to support families impacted by COVID-19.
- Become a monthly donor. Turn what you were spending on weekly take-out coffees and lunches into something more impactful by making a monthly gift.
- Look for creative ways to continue to raise funds. The foundation uses Canada Helps for online donations. There are also sites that let you do an online auction instead of an in-person event.
- Consider making a gift in honour of a special someone – Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and graduations are just around the corner. A gift to a charity in the name of your loved one is a beautiful way to recognize life events.
- There are a number of invaluable charities in our community that help a great deal of folks in Waterloo Region. Some of those to consider include:
We’ve put together this page of resources, tips and links to help everyone adapt to the new normal and assist with business continuity amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ll do our best to keep this information up to date as the situation evolves.
If you have any comments, concerns or suggestions for additions to this page, please feel free to contact Candace Beres, Manager of Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or Tony Reinhart, Director of Communications, at email@example.com.
Contact us to connect with someone who can help.