ENCQOR 5G (Evolution of Networked Services through a Corridor in Québec and Ontario for Research and Innovation) is a Canada-Québec-Ontario partnership focused on research and innovation in the field of 5G technologies.
Open access to 5G technology and infrastructure
Communitech provides startups and scale-ups open access to state-of-the-art 5G infrastructure and technology to enable pre-commercial development, testing and demonstration of the newest products and services; we also provide a collaborative environment to support the sharing of ideas, concepts and innovation.
Utilizing 5G technology building blocks such as Mobile Edge Computing, Network Slicing, Millimeter Wave (mmW) Frequencies, Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization, the testbed enables potential speeds of up to 10 gigabits per second and ultra-low latencies of milliseconds
Companies can connect to the ENCQOR 5G testbed through one of multiple supplied devices (e.g. smartphones, development boards or 5G hotspots/hub with ethernet, USB or WiFi) or use a supplied SIM in a personal product.
Most promising use cases for 5G
- Automotive & transportation - collaborative mobility; in-vehicle infotainment; self-driving cars; vehicle telematics.
- Smart city & public safety - city sensor networks; connected streetlights; disaster and emergency management; intelligent urban mobility; public video surveillance and security.
- Industrial & manufacturing - augmented worker; collaborative and mobile robots; process automation and critical control; process monitoring.
- Healthcare & wellness - assisted living; medical asset tracking; remote medical examinations; remote health monitoring; remote surgery.
- Retail & financial - digital signage; mobile point of sale (POS) payments; shop dynamics monitoring.
ENCQOR 5G Demonstration Program
Looking for funds to accelerate your product development? Access up to $50,000 with the ENCQOR 5G Demonstration Program.
The ENCQOR 5G Demonstration Program supports standalone projects and collaborations with industry partners and/or public sector organizations such as municipalities, healthcare facilities, public utilities for testing and validation activities using the ENCQOR 5G Innovation Platform as a Service (iPaaS) testbed in order to develop or advance new technologies, products, processes and services.
Funding of up to $50,000 is available for stand-alone projects or collaborations with industry partners and/or public sector organizations such as municipalities, health care facilities or public utilities.
Access mentorship to help solve your data challenges
Our Data Growth Coaches will work directly with you to determine how your business can get the maximum benefit from open or proprietary data.
ENCQOR 5G is a partnership made possible in part by funding from the Canadian government and the provincial governments of Québec and Ontario. In Ontario, ENCQOR 5G is coordinated by OCE.
In partnership with: