Turning 5G into 50 G’s
Have you got a state-of-the-art, out-of-the-box idea for a 5G security or privacy solution that would be of interest to the Rogers 5G Create Lab at Communitech? If so - we want to hear from you!
In partnership with the ENQCOR 5G demo program, small- and medium-sized enterprises are encouraged to participate in this pitch event and showcase their solutions to a team of experts from Rogers and Communitech for a chance to access up to $50,000 in funding! In addition to matched funds, participants will also get the chance to access resources available exclusively through the ENQCOR program. Full details on funding and eligibility are listed below.
Rogers is at the forefront of innovation in the development of the Canadian 5G network and is committed to providing a safe and secure experience for customers and businesses. Participants in this pitch competition will get an opportunity to engage and network with Rogers’ internal privacy and security teams as well as team members at the Rogers 5G Create Lab at Communitech.
Want to participate? Applications are open from now until September 5, 2020.
Data drives business. Do more with your data.
Applications may include, but are not limited to:
- Securing API access – ensuring adequate data exposure and managing access for different roles and services within the same 5G network slice.
- Security – Automated threat detection and mitigation process with depth of attacks, at device level, edge, or network core.
- Access control – Through authentication and authorization in the context of resource constraints and usage by massive deployed IoT devices resulting in unplanned system overload.
- Securing IoT devices access – Identifying attack vectors, DDOS attack protection, ensure proper connection of IoT devices – certification / authorization / standards of behaviour/ anomaly detection.
Successful companies will be awarded:
- Meetings with the innovation teams at Rogers in order to receive guidance on project development as well as potential eligibility for partnership opportunities.
- Up to $50,000 in funding towards eligible project costs for product development, market traction and company scaling. The company must use funds to:
- Develop or demonstrate a viable working prototype (product development.)
- Make product or service improvements to generate greater market traction and sales.
- Time with up to two Data Growth Coaches focused on 5G technology. Additional time with coaches regarding business functions such as sales, marketing, talent retention and attraction, etc.
- Assistance of a data analyst who will provide guidance and available external information required for projects through the Communitech ENQCOR Data Concierge program.
- Successful applicants must be willing to provide a minimum in-kind match at a ratio of 1:1 for the amount awarded.
- You are an Ontario-based (incorporated) startup or SME (under 500 employees).
- You have not received a previous Waterloo ENQCOR grant.
- You currently use or see future opportunities to use 5G technology in products or services.
- Activities supported through this program include product development, sourcing initial customers and solving real business problems.
- The funding is not eligible for use for marketing and/or sales activities.
Click on the following button to submit your application.
Applications close September 5, 2020 at 5 p.m. ET.
ENCQOR is a partnership made possible in part by funding from the Canadian government and the provincial governments of Québec and Ontario. In Ontario, ENCQOR is coordinated by Ontario Centres of Excellence.