AVIN (The Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network) is an Ontario provincial program designed to help companies test, develop and deploy products and services related to autonomous vehicles (CAVs).
Autonomous vehicles and HD mapping
Its six Regional Technology Development Sites (RTDS) allow companies to develop, prototype, and validate new technologies, access specialized equipment and obtain business and technical advice. With a focus on high-definition (HD) mapping and localization, Waterloo Region is one of these sites.
Through AVIN at Communitech, Ontario-based companies can:
- Access funds to develop new CAV products and technologies in the HD mapping space.
- Access to specialized equipment, hardware, and software to prototype, test and validate technologies.
- Access business and technical advisory services to assist in commercialization.
- Find and access data.
- Connect you to other Regional Technology Development Sites of interest.
Open HD mapping - call for companies
In partnership with the University of Waterloo, Waterloo EDC and Ecopia, we’re compiling the richest, most complete HD map, and making it available on a non-proprietary platform.
We’re looking for companies who wish to access and/or contribute data.
AVIN Waterloo Ventures at Communitech
Looking for funds to accelerate your product development? Access up to $50,000 with AVIN Waterloo Ventures at Communitech.
Meet the companies paving the way for the future of autonomous vehicles
Access mentorship to help solve your data challenges
Our Data Growth Coaches will work directly with you to determine how your business can get the maximum benefit from open or proprietary data.
TalentEdge Internship Program
Tap into world-class talent coming out of Ontario's publicly-funded post-secondary institutions to strengthen the capacity of your team to develop new products, services and processes in the digital economy.
Communitech is here to help
Connect with us to:
- Get more information on the Open HD Maps project.
- Navigate the AVIN Waterloo Ventures at Communitech application processes.
- Get more information on available programs.
- Access our Data Concierge and Data Growth Coaches.
- Access learning sessions to help you innovate with data (link to Innovate with Data page).
The AVIN Network of Regional Technology Development Sites offer a wide range of supports to help you develop, prototype and validate new technologies, as well as access specialized equipment (hardware and software).
Thanks to the Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN) for funding this Regional Technology Development Site, delivered on behalf of the Government of Ontario through OCE, enabling OpenHDMapping to launch.