Design Thinking was created about 20 years ago to help designers better understand their customers. Fast forward to today and Design Thinking is one of the hottest trends in design, business and technology.
Design Thinking Fundamentals
You’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of Design Thinking using a real world case study, be inspired to be more customer-centric, and leave with the tools you need to build products and services that customers love.
This two-day bootcamp emphasises a “learn by doing approach” to encourage participants to try first-hand the stages of design thinking.
You will engage in using a five-step framework of design thinking, including:
- Empathize: you will participate in field research, which includes qualitative and quantitative research methods, secondary research, persona development and customer journey mapping
- Define: define the problem you’re trying to solve using reframing methods, developing point-of-view statements and using six hats thinking
- Ideate: tackle the problem using a range of brainstorming techniques, divergent and convergent thinking, learn facilitation methods, and use the idea prioritization and selection matrix
- Prototype: learn about various prototyping methods including rapid prototyping tools, the design studio approach and low versus high fidelity prototypes
- Test: learn how to apply utility testing, usability testing, and measurement frameworks to understand how your product or service meets the needs of users
Who is it for? Design Thinking Fundamentals is for product managers and leads, technical marketers, startup founders and co-founders looking to design new products, services and platforms as well as technical professionals who are looking to move into more product-oriented roles.
How big is the class? A maximum of 20 participants
Location: Communitech Hub, 151 Charles Street West, Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 1H6
Date: March 30 & 31, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM each day
Registration fees* :
*Note: To encourage diversity of thought in the classroom, we cap participant enrolment at a maximum of three employees per company. If you would like more people from your organization to benefit from this program, let us know and we can talk about a potential team session.