Data is powering the next wave tech disruption. We can help you stay ahead of it.
The Communitech Data team is here to help you understand and do more with data. Whether you are a small company building your first application or a big company looking to better understand and apply your data assets, we can help.
- Have a specific question? Not sure where to start? We can point you in the right direction or help you find public data sources or discover and unlock the value your own data. Contact our Data Concierge today.
- Get Data Growth Coaching and advice from academics, technical experts and business experts to solve your hardest problems and figure out how to scale
- Attend training events and workshops to help teams build the skills to scale
Build. Test. Deploy
- Take advantage of access to advanced technology platforms including high-definition maps for autonomous vehicles and location-based services, a 5G wireless testbed to develop IoT and other wireless applications and a next generation networking (NGN) testbed:
- High-definition 3D mapping data
- Ultra-high-speed data networks
- 5G wireless networks
- Advanced cloud computing infrastructure, programs and support
Join the Community
Connect to the Communitech ecosystem of member companies, universities and research institutions, including our in-house growth, talent and corporate innovation programs. Direct access to the world’s largest companies who are ready to buy from, partner with, or invest in SMEs through Collisions, Innovation Challenges and other Collaborative Projects.
- Attend one of our popular (and fun) events and workshops
- Project funding opportunities
- Connect with the Waterloo Region Data Community
The Communitech Data Hub
The Communitech Data Hub (14 Erb Street West, Waterloo) is the best address for data-driven entrepreneurs and innovators to start, grow and succeed. Located in Uptown Waterloo, the Data Hub is our second home and a clubhouse for the Region’s data-driven tech community. It is a 19,000+ square foot collaborative space in a heritage building at the heart of the Data District.