If navigating data privacy has your head spinning, don’t worry – we can help clear things up! Complex and constantly changing requirements mean your company may be at risk, so it’s important to tackle privacy using a proactive approach.
We’ve put together a few resources to help guide you through privacy regulations so you can stay focused on growing your business.
- Need a crash course on PIPEDA? This toolkit will help you get started.
- Check out our Privacy 101 Data Hub Session with Laura Crestohl from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC).
- What should I know about breaches? The OPC has a video series that will help you prepare.
- Want to know more about the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Check out our past Data Hub Session with Brendan S. Lillis from Phillips Lytle LLP.
- This checklist can help you track the items you need to address for GDPR compliance.
- Check out this overview of the key components of GDPR from The Standards Council of Canada.
- Review the UK Information Commissioner’s Office data protection resources for small businesses.
- To better understand the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) check out these resources from the Office of the Attorney General for California.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC) Information Centre is an easily accessible resource to help answer privacy and PIPEDA questions. Contact them for more information.
OPC business advisory consultations are provided at no charge for companies required to comply with PIPEDA. Get guidance on current privacy practices or review technology solutions to mitigate risks. Please reach out to Chris Willsher with a high-level description of your project and what you're looking to accomplish. Here are a few considerations we look for before making introductions:
Significance: Companies should present innovative, novel or otherwise significant privacy issues, for example, due to the sensitivity of the information, or the scale of personal information involved.
Legitimacy: Companies must have approval/authorization from key regulators or legally relevant parties.
Our data growth coaches can give advice on how to create a culture of privacy in your company. This includes implementing privacy practices and embedding Privacy by Design into your operational processes.