You’re here because you’re ready to start your journey as an entrepreneur. You have the idea for “the next big thing” but you’re not sure where to start. Sound like you? Then Communitech Bootstrap is the program for you.
Communitech Bootstrap is designed to help you:
- Learn the Lean Startup methodology
- Meet potential customers
- Validate your business
- Get working with early adopters on your first pilot projects
- Accelerate your path to sales
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
We are looking for passionate and coachable founders that are committed to building their startup.
You’ll need to be:
- A Communitech client with a lead advisor (not a member, join here)
- The founder or co-founder of the startup
- Have been incorporated for less than two years
- Can visually communicate my product or service offering with a demo, prototype, blueprint, drawing, picture, document or wireframe
Offered: four times per year
Program Length: three months
Max Class Size: twenty companies
Total Class Time: 16 hours (one session bi-weekly – two hours per class)
What happens in class?
We believe companies learn more by doing. We keep the presentation material short and sweet.
Next, we believe companies at the same stage learn from each other so we encourage sharing stories and tactics.
Lastly, we spend most of the class getting s#!t done with an experienced mentor available to give you hands-on advice.
A typical class is a thirty-minute presentation + thirty-minute peer-to-peer + one-hour working session with hands-on advice.
Class 1: The Lean Startup
Class 2: Getting a Meeting With Your Customer
Class 3: Understand All the Customers Problems
Class 4: Designing and Proposing a Solution
Class 5: Building a Demo or Prototype
Class 6: Build-Measure-Learn-Repeat
Class 7: Getting Commitment
Class 8: Pivot or Persist
Where you’ll end up
Every company’s path is different. With Communitech Bootstrap, you’ll leave the program in one of three ways:
- Prove that there is a demand for your product by getting three early adopters
- Become aware a different market opportunity and pivot your business to adapt
- Learn early and quickly that there is insufficient market demand for your product, saving you from spending money and time building something that no one will want to buy