Communitech launches new learning and development offering to address pressing needs of Canada’s tech community
Programming is focused on building human leadership skills needed for today’s complex workplaces
KITCHENER, ONT., May 25, 2022 — Communitech is pleased to officially launch a new suite of learning and development programming designed to help Canada’s tech community navigate the dynamics of the ever-evolving workplace. Content offered through The Communitech Hive has been directly designed to address the most pressing needs of Canadian tech founders and help its leaders - informal, new and experienced - cement trust and strengthen communication across diverse teams.
“Built by founders for founders, the Communitech Hive offers customized learning programs to help scaling tech founders retain and develop great talent,” said Chris Albinson, CEO and President at Communitech. “As part of our mission to help Canadian tech founders start, grow and succeed, the Communitech Hive will support tech organizations of all sizes discover learning and development pathways to address their most critical challenges.”
The Communitech Hive will offer development opportunities through both open enrollment and custom team sessions. Open enrollment programs will have participants work side-by-side as peers, gaining practical knowledge that can be immediately applied to daily work, while also making meaningful connections to strengthen their networks. Open enrollment programs include:
- Make Meetings Matter: Individual contributors and/or new leaders will explore what well-designed meetings can look and feel like, while designing purposeful gatherings that are fun, collaborative in nature and lead to action.
- Thrive at Work: Individual contributors will uncover the unique ways they thrive, engage and collaborate at work, and how to communicate these preferences to peers.
- Feedback to Fuel Growth: New leaders will learn how to use feedback to create connections and conditions that promote learning, critical thinking and growth. Participants will also unlock new techniques and learn best practices for vital conversations over email, in-person and/or online.
- Generous Leadership: New leaders will learn what brave and confident leadership looks like in today’s workplace, including how to champion their teams and advance their missions.
- Gather with Purpose: Experienced leaders will learn the practical skills needed to convene and lead gatherings that actively engage talented and clever people in high-impact dialogue that provokes change and inspires action.
Additionally, custom team sessions are designed to help Canadian tech companies equip their teams with the human skills and capacities that were identified by leaders in the tech ecosystem as vital for their success.
“In today’s ever-evolving workplaces, building trust and connections, alignment and communicating across teams, is proving difficult,” said Dr. Kyra Jones, VP of Learning and Organizational Development at Communitech. “Our fast-growing tech ecosystem needs resources to strengthen the human skills of their leaders to help them build trust, form deeper connections with colleagues, and become more confident in themselves so their teams can thrive and grow.”
The Communitech Hive will launch up to 10 new programs to strengthen Canadian tech teams through dynamic leadership development by June 2023. Its programming content will be continuously adapted in order to address feedback received from the founder community in-real time and ensure that it’s delivering valuable learning and development to solve timely challenges facing Canada’s tech ecosystem.
For more information about The Communitech Hive and its suite of evergreen learning programs, please visit our website.
- 30 -
For media inquiries, please contact:
Manager, Strategic Communications
Communitech was launched in 1997 by a group of founders committed to making Waterloo Region a global tech leader. Today, Communitech is Canada’s leading innovation hub, supporting a community of more than 1,200 founders of startups, scale-ups and at-scale companies on their journey to a billion dollars in annual revenue.
Communitech helps founders start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways
Communitech is a convenor – the centre of gravity for founders, innovators and partners. It’s a clubhouse and connector for those building trust-based tech and world-class companies.
Communitech delivers programs to help founders with what they need most – accelerating access to talent, sales and growth capital.
Communitech is helping to build a world-leading ecosystem with trust at its core – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to help founders build successful companies, solve meaningful problems and secure Canada’s position as the largest tech ecosystem on the planet.