Fast-paced business and personal growth program kicks off today
KITCHENER, Ont., January 27, 2020 - Today, Communitech is set to welcome a new cohort of founders to its winter 2020 Fierce Founders Bootcamp for women entrepreneurs. Twenty-five women from across Canada will be participating in the program at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, Ont. on Jan. 27, 28 and 29 and Feb. 24, 25 and 26. In addition to attending classes on customer validation, human resources and leadership, creating financials and building sales funnels, participants will receive direct mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs and experts.
Participants in the winter 2020 Fierce Founders Bootcamp include:
- Aislinn Shoveller, Overture Donor, Kitchener, Ont.
- Alisha McFetridge, RainStick Shower, Toronto, Ont.
- Ashley Kielbratowski, Harbr, Halifax, N.S.
- Atefeh Zarabadi, AIImSense Inc., Waterloo, Ont.
- Catherine Chan, FitIn, Toronto, Ont.
- Christine Simone, Caribou, Toronto, Ont.
- Danielle Rose, SquidBio, Kitchener, Ont.
- Eyra Abraham, Lisnen Inc., Toronto, Ont.
- Julie LeJeune, Wish & Give, Toronto, Ont.
- Jun Yang, TRUSTiiN, Waterloo, Ont.
- Kate Dickson, Primped, Toronto, Ont.
- Katherine Bowen, Friends at our Table Inc., Elmira, Ont.
- Kathleen Chan, Benchwork, Toronto, Ont.
- Kristy Ehman, Hyon Software Inc., Regina, Sask.
- Kushalmeet Pawar, Wellbow, Brampton, Ont.
- Maame Poku, Emergency Response Africa, Kitchener, Ont.
- Mary Beth Kyer, Sponsor Circle Inc., Toronto, Ont.
- Mila Banerjee, Personifi AI Inc., Toronto, Ont.
- Minh Pham, Vidal Home Care, Toronto, Ont.
- Mishba Bholat, Fuze Rentals, Toronto, Ont.
- Olga Morawczynski, Bounc3 Ltd., Newmarket, Ont.
- Rosa Hoffmann, Medscures, Kitchener, Ont.
- Rachel Bartholomew, Hylvy Health, Waterloo, Ont.
- Shuhe Li, SaluTech, Toronto, Ont.
- Tanya Gough, StoryBilder Ltd., Toronto, Ont.
The bootcamp will end with a pitch competition at the Tannery Event Centre on Feb. 26 at 2 p.m., where the top eight participants will pitch their startup models for a chance at a $100,000 grand prize.
Fierce Founders is a Communitech program backed by Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Google for Startups, the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario.
For more information, please visit www.communitech.ca/how-we-help/fierce-founders-bootcamp/.
- 30 -
For more information or media inquiries, please contact:
Manager, Public Relations, Communitech
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1,400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the centre of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to help companies go from a small startup to a global giant.