KITCHENER, ON. September 30, 2019 - Communitech is pleased to share that it has appointed new leadership to its Board of Directors. Jennifer Smith, Senior VP of Technology and Operations at Cineplex Digital Media, will take the position of Chair of the Board and Joseph Fung, CEO at Kiite, will be Vice-Chair of Communitech’s 2019-2020 Board of Directors. Amy Hastings, General Counsel, was reappointed Secretary of the Board.
Smith replaces Dave Caputo, former CEO of Sandvine, as Chair. Communitech is grateful for Caputo’s leadership over the last year and looks forward to his continued engagement as past chair.
In addition to new board executive appointments, Communitech welcomed several new directors to the board at its annual general meeting on Sept. 26. All are senior leaders from leading tech-driven organizations who will join the dynamic mix of entrepreneurs and business leaders who work together to advance Waterloo Region as a leading global technology community.
The new members of Communitech’s Board of Directors are:
- Bill Currie, Vice Chair, Deloitte Canada
- Michael Eubanks, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, LCBO
- Debbie Gamble, Chief Officer, Innovation Labs and New Ventures, Interac Corp.
- Marc Morin, CEO and founder, Auvik Networks Inc.
- Lois Norris, CFO, SSIMWAVE Inc.
- Michael Doughty, President and CEO, Manulife Canada
Here is the full list of Board members appointed for the 2019-2020 term:
|Janet Bannister||Partner||Real Ventures|
|Dave Caputo||Chairman of the Board||Sandvine|
|Bogdan Frusina||Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer||Dejero Labs Inc.|
|Amy Hastings||General Counsel|
|Iain Klugman||President & CEO||Communitech Corporation|
|Lauren Lake||Co-Founder and CRO||Bridgit|
|Kevin Lynch||Vice Chair||BMO Financial Group|
|Sarah Prevette||CEO||Future Design School|
|Jennifer Smith||SVP Technology & Operations||Cineplex Digital Media|
|Michael Worry||CEO||Nuvation Engineering|
|Bill Currie||Vice Chair (Retired)||Deloitte|
|Michael Eubanks||Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer||LCBO|
|Debbie Gamble||Chief Officer, Innovation Labs and New Ventures||Interac Corp.|
|Lois Norris||CEO||SSIMWAVE Inc.|
|Michael Doughty||President and Chief Executive Officer||Manulife Canada|
|Jay Shah||Director, Velocity||University of Waterloo|
|James Meddings||Deputy Minister||Federal Economic |
For more information or media inquiries, please contact:
Manager, Public Relations, Communitech
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1,400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the centre of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to help companies go from a small startup to a global giant.