Waterloo Region, April 3, 2018—Communitech is pleased to welcome new companies to the fourth cohort of the Communitech Fierce Founders Accelerator. The accelerator provides high potential startups run by women resources and expertise to grow their companies. Cohort 4 includes:
- PFERA, Lisa Pfister
- Hello Prosper, Krystyn Harrison
- LUUMA, Julie Karabin
- Heala, Maryam Jahed
- Rookie, Samantha Juraschka
- Sociavore, Amina Gilani
As the first female-focused accelerator in Canada, the Communitech Fierce Founders Accelerator was created to encourage greater diversity in tech by eliminating roadblocks female entrepreneurs often face when starting companies. Since 2016, the program has grown to include later-stage companies, helping them to grow their existing revenue base and business.
“The new cohort is incredibly talented. If past cohorts are indicative of the progress they will be able to make, I can’t wait to see what these strong, determined women are able to achieve in the next 6 months,” said Kelly McGregor, Fierce Founders Program Manager at Communitech.
For more information about Communitech’s women in technology programming, please visit http://www.communitech.ca/fiercefounders.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Public Relations Manager, Communitech
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs and helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.