KITCHENER, April 1, 2019– Communitech will explore how living digitally can impact all aspects of life at the second-annual True North conference, happening June 19-20, 2019.
Living Digital is the first of three themes featured at True North 2019, and will explore the way technological change alters virtually every aspect of our lives: our homes, our commute, our jobs and businesses, our health, and our relationships with each other and the planet. True North 2019 will feature experts with the insight and experience to lead discussions, challenge consensus thinking and point to an inspiring path forward.
“Digital technology impacts our daily lives, our futures, and the planet in profound ways,” said Iain Klugman, CEO, Communitech. “True North will explore what we need to do to prepare for a digital world that is smart, safe and inclusive.”
The conference will feature expert talks on digital living from:
- Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web. It’s a rare thing for a person to invent something as monumental and world-changing as the web. It’s rarer still to understand and plan for the possibility that your invention could easily be misused and altered in problematic ways. Berners-Lee has seen the future again, and this time it’s a web that works for humanity.
- Mohamed Musbah, Director of Product at the Microsoft Research Montréal AI lab. As machine learning algorithms and AI continue to make more important decisions in our lives and our communities, Musbah asks how do we design for fairness and impartiality?
- Debbie Gamble, Chief Officer of Innovation Labs and New Ventures for Interac. An expert in mobile commerce, digital ID and cryptocurrency solutions, Debbie is one of Canada’s foremost authorities on the digital economy. She knows how to keep your money safe.
The True North conference takes place June 19 and 20 at the LOT42 Global Flex Campus in Kitchener. More than 2,500 attendees will come together to hear from leading thinkers on topics like quantum computing, AI, data privacy and digital addiction.
Ticket prices for True North increase May 1, 2019. For more about living digital and True North, please visit www.truenorthwaterloo.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Public Relations Manager, Communitech
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs and helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.